Plastic Bottles (and more) as never before...
By the amazing Heath Nash of South Africa.
* Lots of bottles are found, sorted and collected.
* They are washed very thoroughly (with bio-degradable detergent) and dried.
* The handles and bases are carefully removed, and each bottle is splayed open into a semi-flat ‘sheet’.
* As many flowers as possible are cut from each bottle
* Now each flower has to be formed from a ‘flattish’ shape into a more 3-dimenional form - each petal is folded in half, and individual lines are creased into each (by hand). This forms the flower, and makes it more translucent where the lines are… adding to the detail and finish of the finished piece. (So if a flower has 6 petals, and there are 9 lines on each one, someone has creased 54 lines! For ONE flower).
* Finally, One flower is done!
* The excess plastic off cuts are returned to the recyclers.
Multicolour bottleform sections on hand-made wire structure
Colours available: Multicolour
Sizes available: One size: 500mm
Stuart Haygarth's 1.5 meter wide Tide Chandelier made of plastic debris. Made from a collection of ' man made' debris washed up on the Kent coastline.
Soda bottle chandelier
By: Shaun Kasperbauer
Detergent bottle tops, wire.
Heath Nash, Capetown, South Africa
Keyboard Parts Lamp
By Nolan Herbut of Alberta, Canada
Six-Pack Pendant Light
By Bao-Khang Luu
See How-To here:
Dripped Plastic Floor Lamps
Designer: Yaron Elyasi
After melting the plastic, its dribbled onto a mold in a free form manner. yaronelyasi.com
Stuart Haygarth -- Optical
Created from over 4500 prescription spectacle lenses. The lenses are hung on monofilament line which hang from a platform. Price on request.
The lamp is completely hand-assembled in San Francisco from laser cut plexiglass and one hundred micro-cassetes. Transparent House produces only 2-3 lamps a month. $ 1200.
Milk Jug Lamps
Milkit by Alexandru Adam and Steven Koch at Play Design is a kit designed to assist you in turning a milk bottle in to a stylish table lamp.
Plastic Bottle Lamp
By Reta & Vana Howell
Each piece contains 50-100 water/soda bottles depending on it’s size. Hardened via a unique fusion process, extremely durable and has the extreme appearance of glass. See more: www.etsy.com
Plastic layered and melted on your shade
By Caroline Saul
Plastic Bottle Chandelier Kit
Walking-Chair Design Studio
Use 20 oz bottles any color. 9 bottles €40. 33 bottles €250.
Never thought to crochet that extra speaker wire before?
"Re-use as a design tool (and material) is still extremely under explored, and it holds so much potential – both as a source of raw material and as a beautiful limitation."